Effective as of 12/12/2022
Your permission to use the Site is conditioned upon the following use, posting and conduct restrictions:
You agree that you will not under any circumstances:
- access the Site for any reason other than your personal, non-commercial use solely as permitted by the normal functionality of the Site,
- collect or harvest any personal data of any user of the Site.
- use the Site for the solicitation of business in the course of trade or in connection with a commercial enterprise;
- distribute any part or parts of the Site without our explicit written permission (we grant the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the site for the sole purpose of creating publicly-available searchable indices but retain the right to revoke this permission at any time on a general or specific basis);
- use the Site for any unlawful purpose or for the promotion of illegal activities;
- harass , or attempt to harass, abuse or harm another person or group;
- use another user’s account without permission;
- intentionally allow another user to access your account;
- interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper functioning of the Site;
- make any automated use of the Site, or the related systems, or take any action that we deem to impose or to potentially impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our servers or network infrastructure;
- bypass any robot exclusion headers or other measures we take to restrict access to the Site, or use any software, technology, or device to scrape, spider, or crawl the Site or harvest or manipulate data;
- circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with any security-related features of the Site or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of content, or enforce limitations on use of the Site or the content accessible via the Site; or
- publish or link to malicious content of any sort, including that intended to damage or disrupt another user’s browser or computer.
For purposes of this agreement, “User Content” is defined as all text, documents, or other content or information uploaded, entered, or otherwise transmitted by you in connection with your use of the Site.You understand and agree that any liability, loss or damage that occurs as a result of the use of any User Content that you make available or access through your use of the Site is solely your responsibility. The Site is not responsible for any public display or misuse of your User Content. The Site does not, and cannot, pre-screen or monitor all User Content. However, at our discretion, we, or technology we employ, may monitor and/or record your interactions with the Site or with other Users.
ONLINE CONTENT DISCLAIMER
Opinions, advice, statements, offers, or other information or content made available through the Site, but not directly by the Site, are those of their respective authors, and should not necessarily be relied upon. Such authors are solely responsible for such content.
We do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information on the Site nor do we adopt nor endorse, nor are we responsible for, the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice, or statement made by other parties. We take no responsibility and assume no liability for any User Content that you send via the Site. Under no circumstances will we be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from anyone’s reliance on information or other content transmitted to users.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES AND/OR MATERIALS
By offering any User Content for posting on the Site, you expressly grant, and you represent and warrant that you have a right to grant, to DC a royalty-free, sublicensable, transferable, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, list information regarding, edit, translate, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, and make derivative works of all such User Content and your name, voice, and/or likeness as contained in your Content, if applicable, in whole or in part, and in any form, media or technology, whether now known or hereafter developed, for use in connection with the Site.
DC owns and maintains the Site for educational and informational purposes only, and it is solely for personal, non-commercial use. All materials on the Site, including but not limited to all information, images, text, video and audio, displays, data, trademarks, service marks, and logos (including the design, selection and arrangement thereof) are, unless otherwise noted, the exclusive property of DC and are protected by United States copyright, trademark, and other applicable law.
You must not copy, download, reproduce, republish, reuse, distribute, transmit, store, create derivative works of, publicly display, or modify any of the material on the Site for any purpose without DC’s express written permission, except as follows:
- your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials;
- you may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes; or
- you may make a single copy of the content displayed on any page of the Site to be used for your personal and non-commercial use which does not harm the reputation of DC.
You must not:
- modify copies of any materials from this site; or
- delete or alter any trademarks, copyrights, and any other notice contained in such content.
EMAIL MAY NOT BE USED TO PROVIDE NOTICE
- Communications made through the Site’s email and messaging system will not constitute legal notice to the Site, or any of its officers, employees, agents or representatives in any situation where legal notice is required by contract or any law or regulation.
USER CONSENT TO RECEIVE COMMUNICATIONS IN ELECTRONIC FORM
We may also use your email address to send you other messages, including information about the Site. You may opt out of such email by using the “Unsubscribe” link in the message, or by sending an email to email@example.com
Opting out may prevent you from receiving messages regarding the Site,or DC.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITIES
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL THE SITE, ITS AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OR EMPLOYEES, OR ITS LICENSORS OR PARTNERS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS, USE, OR DATA, OR FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, HOWEVER ARISING, THAT RESULT FROM: (A) THE USE, DISCLOSURE, OR DISPLAY OF YOUR USER CONTENT; (B) YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE; (C) THE SITE GENERALLY OR THE SOFTWARE OR SYSTEMS THAT MAKE THE SITE AVAILABLE; OR (D) ANY OTHER INTERACTIONS WITH USE OR WITH ANY OTHER USER OF THE SITE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT WE HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE, AND EVEN IF A REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. SOME JURISDICTIONS LIMIT OR DO NOT PERMIT DISCLAIMERS OF LIABILITY, SO THIS PROVISION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
If you are a California resident using the Site, you may specifically waive California Civil Code §1542, which says: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.”
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
YOU AGREE THAT YOU ARE USING THE SITE SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SITE AND ALL OF THE MATERIALS ON OR REFERENCED BY THE SITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED..
DC HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, CURRENCY, RELIABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR ANY WARRANTY THAT THE SITE IS FREE OF VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES, OTHER HARMFUL ELEMENTS, OR OTHER CODE THAT MANIFEST CONTAMINATING OR DESTRUCTIVE PROPERTIES.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
USERS UNDER THE AGE OF 14
No one under the age of 14 is allowed to register on this Site. While the Site is designed to be appropriate for all users, we will not knowingly collect personal information from users who are under the age of 14. If you are not yet 14 years old, please do not participate in any of the activities on the Site that require you to provide personal information.
You agree that any cause of action related to or arising out of your relationship with DC must commence within ONE year after the cause of action accrues. Otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred.
YOUR COMMENTS AND CONCERNS
All feedback, comments, requests for technical support and other communications relating to the Site should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.